California’s Unemployment Rate Maintains Record Low in May
- California’s unemployment rate remained at a record-low 4.2 percent in May.
- The large monthly swings may overshadow the strength of California’s employment numbers. Taken together, the state added 306,000 jobs from last May, a 1.8 percent increase.
- All California metro areas saw employment rise over the past three months.
- San Francisco and San Mateo counties added 2,100 jobs from April, and the unemployment rate dropped to 2 percent.
- Marin County’s unemployment rate dropped to 2 percent in May adding 1,100 jobs.
Read the full analysis of Pacific Union Chief Economist Selma Hepp @bethanywpatten
#unemployment #jobs #realestate #homebuyers #PacUnion #bethanywpatten #LoveYourHomeSF #loveyourhome #loveyourhomesanfrancisco #economists